|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Justin Norley|
|Job Published:||29 days ago|
The main purpose of the role will be the purchasing of consumables, components and sub-assemblies as required and the maintenance of departmental records
- Up to £30k per annum dependant on experience.
- 20 Days Holidays plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Free Parking.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression.
- Monday to Thursday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 14:30.
Duties Involved With This Role:
- Daily review of the MRP taking the appropriate action on the exception messages and place orders with approved distributors, manufacturers and sub-contractors as appropriate.
- Maintain master data in SAP covering ,supplier lead times, pricing, MOQ's, Supplier information.
- Purchase for best price commensurate with quality, availability and specification and minimising the stock holding whilst optimising the cost of purchase.
- Obtain quotes and progress orders for production products and consumables required for production use and also for New Product introduction.
- Administer vendor rating system and advise on supplier approval and un-approval also recommending new suppliers for approval.
- Regularly review overdue and late acknowledgement report and action as appropriate.
- Manage Open PO reports to ensure current delivery schedules are on track or require expediting/deferring.
- Identify opportunities for cost saving, service, quality improvements and assist in their resolution.
- Departmental filing of orders, requisitions and correspondence as required to enable easy record retrieval.
- Identify improvements within the function and help to implement them.
- Assist in improvements in the management of the weekly metrics, supplier development activities, vendor rating and the introduction of other purchasing tools and techniques as appropriate.
Ideal Candidate For The Role:
- Will have a methodical approach to work & attention to detail.
- Previous buying experience ideally working within a manufacturing company.
- Will have good relationship building skills.
- Will be able to work under pressure.
- Computer literate with good excel skills.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 366 7602 and ask for Justin. Or email Justin@regionalrecruitment.com.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.