|Job Title:||Fitters Mate|
|Salary:||Up to £9 per hour + + Pay Review|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Kirkham|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Fitters mate X 2
£9 per hour + Overtime
Monday to Friday
8am - 5pm (Flexibility required)
MUST obtain valid CSCS card and full clean UK dirving licence
I am recruiting for 2 Fitters mate's to work for a well-established company who supply, install, repair and offer maintenance of garage doors, commercial security and industrial door systems. Based north Leicester.
This is a 10-week temporary to permanent opportunity for the right candidate with the chance to gain qualifications such as working at height, manual handling, abrasive wheels, PASMA, Counterbalance Forklift and any other training as necessary.
There is the possibility to progress through 4 pay scales of Fitters Mate and a candidate with the right attitude and of the right calibre can be expected to seek promotion to an Installation Engineer position after approximately 2-3 years of experience of which there are also an additional 4 pay scales so again there is good opportunity for progression.
Working hours will typically be 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday but candidate must be flexible to start as early as 6am. In addition, occasional overnight stays will be required with all food and accommodation paid for with £10 bonus for each night away.
Duties as a Fitters mate:
* Work as a team of two alongside an Installation Engineer from a van/mobile workshop in customer's homes and on commercial/industrial sites.
* Help and assist with the installation and repair of domestic garage doors across Leicestershire and Rutland and with the installation and repair of large commercial and industrial/factory doors all over the UK.
* The job can involve lifting of heavy and awkward objects, working at height, using power tools and hand tools.
* Cutting, grinding, drilling and assembling of various steel materials while working at the workshop based north Leicester
* In addition, regular day-to-day housekeeping duties will involve sweeping, cleaning, general tidying and washing vehicles when required.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us and ask for Gemma.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.