|Job Title:||Group Financial Accountant|
|Location:||Ashford, Kent, S. E. England, England|
|Salary:||£300 - £340 per day|
|Start Date:||October 2019|
|Contact Name:||Carla Ballinger|
|Job Published:||12 days ago|
Group Financial Accountant - Contract
Duration: 4 months
Contract rate: £340 per day
Start Date: October 2019
The Role of the Group Financial Accountant
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Accountant to work with one of the leading British Food Wholesalers. Our client is looking for a Group Financial Accountant to be responsible for preparing the FY2019 financial statements for all UK companies within the Group. The role will also coordinate and be the primary contact for the external audit of the financial statements.
The Successful Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
* Prepare the annual financial statements for all UK companies in accordance with IFRS or FRS101 (varies by entity)
* Work with the Technical Accounting team to establish the most appropriate way to present complex transactions
* Liaise with colleagues and subsidiaries across the Group to collate information and commentary for the financial statements
* Coordinate the external audit of the financial statements, provide the auditors with all required evidence and answer queries. Ensure that all financial statements have audit approval by agreed deadlines
* Coordinate the review, approval and signing of all financial statements to meet agreed deadlines
* Document procedures for the financial statements process to enable a handover.
The Successful Financial Accountant will possess the following Knowledge, skills, experience and competencies
We require someone with extensive financial reporting experience who can work autonomously and take full ownership of the financial statements process.
* ACA (or equivalent) with at least 5 years post qualification experience
* Strong, up to date knowledge of IFRS and FRS101
* Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* A technically minded accountant with significant experience of preparing complex financial statements
* Experience of financial reporting in a large, international group environment
* A good project manager who can coordinate the production, audit, review and approval of 20+ sets of financial statements, to agreed deadlines
* Someone comfortable liaising with auditors and collating information from colleagues across the Group
How to Apply
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact 0116 2623733 and ask for Carla.
If you have not been contacted regarding your application within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful. We will however retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.