|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £12.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Carla Ballinger|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Duration: Temp ongoing
Salary: £12.50 per hour £24,375.00 equivalent
Start Date: September 2019
Hours: Mon - Fri, 9.00am - 5.30pm (37.5 hours)
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Paralegal to work with one of the leading British Supermarkets headquartered in Leeds. Our client is looking for a Commercial Paralegal to join a fast moving, successful and extremely competitive business within a friendly, hard-working and professional in-house legal team.
The successful Commercial Paralegal will be responsible for:
Commercial and Intellectual Property
* Assisting with commercial queries and providing practical advice to the business
* Liaising with teams in the business and the external legal advisers to manage trademark portfolio
* Reviewing new product designs from an IP perspective
* Assisting with the investigation of potential IP disputes
* Dealing with all commercial small claims including seeking instructions, drafting defences, preparing witness statements and compiling instructions to counsel
* Conducting settlement negotiations and engaging in small claims mediation
* Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
* Assisting with legal advice on customer and colleague ad-hoc queries
* Supporting on higher value litigation, including disclosure
* Dealing with judgements, monitoring the register of judgements and enforcement
* Advising the business on the legal implications of trading matters, including GSCOP
The desired attributes of the Commercial Paralegal
* An interest in retail.
* A law degree or equivalent.
* Experience in carrying out legal (or similar) support work, either at a leading firm or in an in-house role.
* To be comfortable working as part of a close team, working independently and interacting across all levels of the business.
* A strong desire to learn and to undertake new and challenging work-streams.
* Commercial awareness.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organisational skills with acute attention to detail.
* Experience of managing competing demands, and working well under pressure.
* Good drafting and presentation skills.
* Experience of using a range of IT packages to a high standard, including word processing (Microsoft Word), electronic diary and e-mail management (Microsoft Outlook), spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint).
How to Apply
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact 0116 2623733 and ask for Carla.
If you have not been contacted regarding your application within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful. We will however retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.