|Job Title:||Principle Transport Planner|
|Salary:||£45000 - £45100 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jasmine Walker|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Principle Transport Planner - 45k per annum - Nottingham
Our client is looking for a Principal Transport Planner to join their team based in Nottingham to work on a diverse range of projects that cover urban development, infrastructure planning and design, resource management, and programme delivery.
Our transport team works across a variety of exciting projects including residential, employment, education, commercial, energy as well as master planning. Projects also include brief specific responses to clients who may have concerns regarding parking, safety, access or sustainable travel opportunities.
What will I be doing?
* Job Leader / Project Leader for appropriate group projects, taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships
* Delivering a risk managed portfolio; working within agreed financial and commercial parameters
* Ensuring 'design rigor' is delivered on each project, and in particular ensuring design QA processes are fully planned and implemented
* Maintain appropriate understanding of prevailing policies and technical innovations applying in the transport planning and traffic engineering industries
* Managing and mentoring junior staff so that meaningful delegation can apply within the team
* Contribute to learning and development initiatives as required within the team
* Work with Group Leadership, Business Development and Marketing to deliver the group's marketing goals
* Winning work - actively identifying leads to projects within the framework of the group marketing strategy
* Contribute to sound financial and technical submissions/proposals; attending interviews
* Developing and maintaining client relationships, creating opportunities for repeat business.
What can I bring to the role?
* Minimum 6 years' experience as a Transport Planner within a consultancy environment
* Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organisation, combined with ability to work independently
* Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. An excellent communicator [verbally and written] able to attend meetings and advise clients and technical team members.
* Ability to manage projects including resource allocation and financial control
* An understanding of a range of transport planning techniques such as travel demand forecasting, transport policy context and outline scheme design including Highways design principles for development schemes
* An understanding of masterplanning concepts to encourage sustainable travel and smart city planning
* An understanding of modelling software, primarily Junctions 9, but also Linsig, Vissim and other junction related software
* Proficient in the use of industry software; ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRICS and AutoCAD.
* Member of CIHT, TPS (or equivalent body); chartered or working towards chartered status.
* BSc / BA in discipline that can demonstrate need for good communication, clear report writing, data analysis and critical thinking.
* Knowledge of the planning system (borough, local authority and national policy).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 262 3733/07885361698