|Job Title:||Purchasing Administrator|
|Salary:||£10.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||John Boggis|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
An exciting opportunity exists within a leading manufacturing company based in Lutterworth for 10-12 months covering maternity leave. There will be a good possibility this could turn permanent for the right candidate.
£10.00 per hour
20 Days Holidays
Genuine opportunities for career progression
The main purpose of the role will be the purchasing of consumables, components and sub-assemblies as required and the maintenance of departmental records
DUTIES INVOLVED IN THIS VACANCY:
* Daily review of the MRP taking the appropriate action on the exception messages and place orders with approved distributors, manufacturers and sub-contractors as appropriate
* Maintain master data in SAP covering ,supplier lead times, pricing, MOQ's, Supplier information
* Purchase for best price commensurate with quality, availability and specification and minimising the stock holding whilst optimising the cost of purchase
* Obtain quotes and progress orders for production products and consumables required for production use and also for New Product introduction.
* Administer vendor rating system and advise on supplier approval and un-approval also recommending new suppliers for approval
* Regularly review overdue and late acknowledgement report and action as appropriate
* Manage Open PO reports to ensure current delivery schedules are on track or require expediting/deferring
* Identify opportunities for cost saving, service, quality improvements and assist in their resolution
* Departmental filing of orders, requisitions and correspondence as required to enable easy record retrieval
* Identify improvements within the function and help to implement them
* Assist in improvements in the management of the weekly metrics, supplier development activities, vendor rating and the introduction of other purchasing tools and techniques as appropriate
* You are expected to be familiar with the content of the Company's Health and Safety Policy and in particular your responsibilities within the policy
* You will be expected to carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your level within the Company
* Methodical approach to work & attention to detail
* Relationship building
* Calm under pressure
* Personal credibility
* Computer literate with good excel skills
* Numerate & methodical
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us and ask for John.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.