|Job Title:||Quality Controller|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Gill|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Regional Recruitment Services are currently recruiting for a full-time Quality Controller on behalf of one of the UK's largest importers and distributors of foods from Asia and the Far East, supplying the Chinese wholesale, restaurant and takeaway market throughout the UK for over 35 years. The company owns several Cash & Carry's throughout the midlands, and are also in ownership of a fantastic food brand which was launched to meet the growing demand for authentic premium Asian food. This brand has a range of products allowing consumers to experience restaurant quality food in their own homes in a convenient and delicious manner, and is widely sold in the UK and exported to the USA, Middle East and Europe.
The company is a growing business and a highly dynamic place to work. They employ over 300 employees across the group, and their success is reliant on their staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. They share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
They are now looking to recruit an assistant quality controller who will assist and support the Technical Manager in matters relating to food safety, legality and quality assurance.
- A very generous salary dependant on experience.
- Staff benefits scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays .
- Retail staff discounts.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Maintenance of administration systems that ensure compliance with the British Retail Consortium requirements for storage and distribution. These will include a HACCP plan and a Quality Manual.
- Preparation and checking of specifications and labels for new products and technical approval of new products.
- Periodic review of supplier information and vetting of new suppliers.
- Audit planning and Internal auditing. This will include checks of the incident management, recall and traceability systems.
- Liaison with suppliers, customers, agents, trade bodies and research organisations and report technical and legal developments affecting the company to senior management.
- Inspection of intakes to ensure that the general condition of the load is acceptable, all necessary product labelling is in place the materials have an appropriate expiry date and where appropriate, temperatures are controlled.
- Sampling and in house testing according to an agreed sampling plan. Management of the sampling room and reference materials.
- Arrange external testing at an appropriate external lab according to the sampling plan
- Checking new labels for translation and legal compliance.
- Administration of customer complaints and the resolution of any problems arising from them.
- Liaising with Transport Manager for ensuring the maintenance of Transport documents in reference to BRC Warehousing and Distribution standard.
- To carry out any other duties connected to your role that can be reasonably requested by your line manager.
- Qualification to or working towards an NVQ level 3, HNC or similar in a scientific discipline.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of HACCP principles
- Experience of working with product specifications
- Experience in the food industry
- A HACCP qualification
- Experience of quality systems auditing
- 2-3 years' experience in food trading or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK and EU food industry legislation, specifically food labelling and miscellaneous food additives regulations.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 366 7618 and ask for Ryan. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.