|Job Title:||Supply Chain Planner|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£32000 - £36000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Justin Norley|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
We are seeking to recruit a Supply Chain Planner to join a global supplier of household products and industrial chemical products who is continually growing.
- Basic Salary of up to £36,000 per annum.
- 20% Annual Bonus.
- Company Pension.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression.
- 33 days holiday inc. Bank holidays.
DUTIES INVOLVED IN THIS VACANCY:
- Liaise with the replenishment team and the customer facing teams to agree and build likely demand predictions for a rolling 12 months.
- Build and maintain supply plans to provide an accurate estimation and true representation (quantity & timing) of future inventory purchases and end inventory positions over a 12-month planning horizon.
- Lead the demand prediction & forecast meetings and processes.
- Translate the supply plan into its component plans and communicate the plan to key stakeholders
- Review safety stocks with our 3rd party filler and can suppliers on a quarterly basis to ensure there is sufficient stock to maintain our business demands.
- Make recommendations for process improvements, and implement the agreed process changes, (e.g. strategic inventories).
- Employ tools, techniques, and metrics to monitor and improve the supply chain performance Improvement (eg. OTIF, reduction in Inventory risk, improved visibility of inventory liability without negatively impacting margin or customer lead-times).
- Monitor and manage the execution of the rolling plan, identify and rectify variances, and escalate issues that cannot be resolved.
- Avoid / minimise the impact from potential stock outs.
- Monitor the effectiveness purchasing effectively at all times to ensure agreed sales margin levels are maintained.
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reports to the business leaders, that, detail issues, current status, and resolution.
- Capture, analyse and interpret supply chain data (numeric and quantitative). Report and produce management information on status, trends, and potential issues.
- Contribute to the building of effective relationships with 3rd Party suppliers that will ensure the provision of information for the supply chain planning process.
- In depth understanding of supply chain tools and techniques, functional expert.
- Advanced data analysis skills with the ability to manipulate and assimilate large amounts of numerical and qualitative data and information using excel.
- Applies advanced and specialised knowledge of forecasting, inventory planning, production and internal and external supply chain organisations.
- Advanced knowledge of IT tools and their inter-dependencies including: ERP/MRP system, replenishment Planning software tools, and MS Office suite.
- Manages the cost effectiveness of inventory holding and inventory risk to ensure customer orders are fulfilled. Monitors and maintains 60/90 day stocks by category and SKU once purchases are agreed and signed off.
- Executes and follows inventory planning processes, policies & objectives under direct control.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a supply chain related subject.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 366 7602 and ask for Justin. Or email Justin@regionalrecruitment.com.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.