|Job Title:||Transport Planner|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Gill|
|Job Published:||12 days ago|
International Transport Planner (Round Trip/Import) - Essex - Generous Salary
Regional Recruitment Services are currently working on behalf of a fantastic Global Transport and Logistics Company.
A position in their planning department has become available in Essex. This is a fantastic opportunity to join and grow with an amazing global, highly successful business.
The individual we are looking for must be self-driven, results-orientated with a positive attitude and outlook, with a clear focus on quality and generating profit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning round trip trailers and arranging import part and full loads. There will also be some administrational tasks involved in the job as well as liaising with over sea partners and other offices within the UK.
The applicant will be reporting to the Operation Manager within the branch, and must have good financial awareness, be organised and punctual, and also have good knowledge of the road freight industry - preferably with prior experience in trailer planning.
We are looking for a person who can add extra quality to our already highly skilled planning team and be able come up with alternative solutions to challenges and problems whilst at the same time work under pressure.
Benefits of the role:
* A role in a highly successful, global and dynamic company
* Be a part of a strong team of performance driven individuals
* Great future career prospects for advancement
* A great and professional working environment
Main purpose of the role:
To return load the fleet of round-trip trailers when empty in Eastern Europe and ensure these trailers are utilised in a best way in order to be profitable. This is done by networking with other offices, through market contacts, regular UK importers or from freight exchange websites.
* Trailer planning of groupage, part load and full loads
* Planning of import/export trailers with part load and full loads to ensure cost effectiveness, to provide the service level as shown within the service schedule and to meet the customers' requirements.
* Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
* Liaise with other company offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
* Communicate with drivers and hauliers to ensure issues are resolved promptly
* Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
* Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
* Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
* Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/offloading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner, ensuring all hazardous requirements are met.
* Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, create CMRs, communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
Ideal Start date: August 2019
Hours: 37.5 hour per week
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 366 7602 and ask for Ryan. Or email email@example.com.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.