|Job Title:||Transport Planner|
|Salary:||£26000 - £29000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chirag Doshi|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Transport Planner required for a global transport and logistics company. Based in Purfleet Essex, this is a permanent position offering a salary up to £29'000 per annum depending on experience. This vacancy is ideally suited to candidates with experience in either round trip, import transport planning or knowledge of the freight industry.
- Up to £29'000 per annum salary depending on experience.
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- On site parking.
- Monday to Friday.
- 09:00 to 17:30.
The main purpose of this role is to return load the fleet of round trip trailers when empty in Europe and ensuring these trailers are utilised in the best way possible, in order to be profitable. This can be done by networking with other offices, through market contacts, regular UK importers or from freight exchange websites.
Duties Of The Transport Planner:
- Planning of import or export trailers with either part or full loads to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating.
- Assessing subcontractors to ensure they are approved and fulfil legal requirements.
- Liaise with other offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Communicate with drivers and hauliers to ensure issues are resolved.
- Ensure legislative compliance.
- Arrange for the transport of cargo, confirm the availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists.
- Prepare correct documentation to various departments for the loading and offloading of cargo to vehicles.
The Ideal Transport Planner:
- Self driven and results orientated.
- A focus on high job quality and profit making.
- Strong IT and administration skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Previous experience within a similar capacity.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 366 7601 and ask for Chirag. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.