|Job Title:||Transport Planner|
|Salary:||£22000 - £26000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nizaam Karatella|
|Job Published:||21 days ago|
Job Title: Transport Planner
Salary: £22k - £26k equivalent - up to £12.82 per hour dependant on experience
Contract: Temp with potential for Perm
Hours: 40 hours circa 7.00am - 4.00pm service operates 6 til 10.
An opportunity has risen for a Transport Planner to join a global logistics and supply chain company in both freight management and contract logistics. You will be joining a leading organisation that's known for the quality of its services, building a reputation on delivering solid solutions that meet the specific needs of their customers.
As a Transport Planner your role will include:
- Complete daily route planning using the relevant systems to ensure timely and cost efficient use of resource to enable delivery of product to customer
- Assist the Operations Manager in creating a Strong culture in regards to the LEAN performance of the Contract, both in terms of Kaizen's and 5s disciplines, SCA pre audit and audit and ensure the contract continuously improves performance
- Assisting in the site management of drivers - team leader slant
- Maintain a good understanding of the systems used on the contract and assist in training and developing the team where changes/amendments are made
- Ensure all orders are pre-called and any necessary information or changes to orders are made in systems and appropriate people in the organisation are informed
- Assist in the management of the drum return process and logging of empty drums in line with customer expectations
- Assist with Traffic Clerk where required
- Ensure the efficient and effective achievement of all operational targets and KPI's, providing and updating information relating to these when required
- Assist the Operations Manager to ensure the site obtains excellent results in relation TO Health, Safety and Environment and Quality audits both internally and externally
- Liaise with the key client contacts on a daily basis in regards to daily performance reporting any issues in a timely manner
The ideal candidate for this Transport Planner role will possess:
- Previous experience of transport/resource planning
- Team leader/coaching/development approach
- Use of Planning software- Paragon, DiPS etc (highly desirable)
Able to work in a fast paced high pressured environment
- Health & Safety focused
- Target led - KPI's etc
- Good IT systems experience Excel and Word and can adapt easily to new systems and processes
- Customer Facing
- Good Communicator
- Positive Attitude at all times
- Can do attitude
- Good basic understanding of English and Maths
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 26 237 33 and ask for Aaron. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.