|Job Title:||Warehouse Manager|
|Salary:||£27000.00 - £32000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||John Boggis|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
An exciting opportunity exists within a leading distribution company based in Swadlincote
Basic Salary of up to c.£30,000 per annum
Genuine opportunities for career progression
32 days holiday inc. Bank holidays
DUTIES INVOLVED IN THIS VACANCY:
* To ensure that all work activities are performed as documented within the department's written procedures.
* Look at implementing new processes.
* Ability to make day to day decisions and control the warehouse.
* To ensure that all incoming goods are checked in accurately and located in the correct locations with any discrepancies being documented.
* Physically assist in all aspects of the daily site operations when required.
* To ensure picking and loading schedules are maintained and that trunk vehicles are loaded both on time and safely, in accordance with the Safe Systems of Work.
* To monitor all picking and loading errors and report back to the Distribution Manager.
* To ensure that all staff are inducted in line with site and departmental induction processes.
* To ensure that warehouse scanners and printers are in working order - sorting and/or reporting issues to the relevant department.
* Staff management - motivating and leading the team.
o Experience in a professional fast moving warehouse environment
o Appreciation of Logistics and Export controls.
o Overview the Packaging and Preservation of Goods at all times.
o Experience of Customer / Inter Company Quality Concern Reporting, ensuring robust countermeasures are implemented.
o Experience of Microsoft packages: Word, Excel, Outlook & in-house database and courier portals.
o Goods in and goods out experience, receipt of Goods, Export Containers, LCL Consignments.
o Excellent customer service skills.
o Maintain 5S housekeeping Methodology within the Warehouse environment at all times.
o FLT & Counter balance licence.
o Excellent people skills, must be a strong line manager who leads by example.
o Full / Clean Driving Licence.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us and ask for John.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.